Encarnia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a private forum for the game development of Encarnia, a text based game.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catacomb Map

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Athala
Immortal Seelie Fae

Catacomb Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb Map   Catacomb Map EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 11:38 pm

Also, if anyone wants to make a better map of the area, by all means!

In the meantime, the rooms do need to be made. I've matched the room name with the numbers on the map above, as to help from not getting lost so easily. And if you feel like doing descriptions, go for it.

I feel like with the Catacombs, not every room has to be unique. Meaning, we can get away with copying the room name and description for a lot of rooms, not all, but a lot.
Back to top Go down
Ashlan
King of Encarnia
Ashlan

Catacomb Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb Map   Catacomb Map EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 2:05 am

I think it's looking a little confusing for a newbie area. Good newbie areas I've seen in some other games are easily navigable and sometimes have an introduction to the RP of the game.

As well as giant rats, maybe we want some subterranean salamander otherkin who live in the catacombs to make up one faction, and maybe some fish-men like creatures who make up another faction? Tell me if you hate these ideas.

So the initial area is full of giant rat npcs (good exp up to say, level 10), then you can go in one direction into the fish men area and other direction into the salamander otherkin area, the two groups are enemies and they'd have leader npcs who will buy trophies from the other group?

Both of those populations are hostile to Corinth since Corinth was previousy occupied by salamanders (who also lived in the catacombs) and before they were turned into corinth's sewer system the fish men also lived in the catacombs.
Back to top Go down

Catacomb Map
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Encarnia :: Encarnia :: Maps-
Jump to: