Encarnia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a private forum for the game development of Encarnia, a text based game.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Score suggestion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Athala
Immortal Seelie Fae

Score suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Score suggestion   Score suggestion EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 7:08 pm

This is what I see when I type score

Athala.
She is a Immortal Seelie Fae female.
She is currently level 1.
She is a citizen of Corinth, in good standing with the Tower.
She is not a member of any guild or a part of any clans.
She has no affiliation towards the Seelie or Unseelie Courts.
It is not known how old she is.

I suggest this: Have the gender come first to it'll read
Athala
She is a female Immortal Seelie Fae.

Back to top Go down
Athala
Immortal Seelie Fae

Score suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Score suggestion   Score suggestion EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Or better yet, as immortals we should all list if we are Seelie or Unseelie Fae.

So what is it read like this:

Athala.
She is a Female Immortal of the Seelie Court.
She is currently level 1.
She is a citizen of Corinth, in good standing with the Tower.
She is not a member of any guild or a part of any clans.
She has no affiliation towards the Seelie or Unseelie Courts. (this would only apply to mortals)
It is not known how old she is.

Also, when mortals HONOURS immortals, they should just see: She is a Female Immortal of the Seelie Court. (or some other editable message)

Of course I don't expect this to be a priority. Just a suggestion I am throwing up on here to keep in mind for the future.
Back to top Go down
Xuij

Score suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Score suggestion   Score suggestion EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 10:45 pm

Mmm important question. We need to decide what kind of mud this will be, should it be more RP intensive or less immersive.
Personally I enjoy games where it is not known what level you are and words are used to describe it. Also, most people have low intelligence/perception so this would be something you can see, only when you are high level.
How would a complete stranger know to what guild you belong or what deities you believe in, if you don't wear a specific item or have a tattoo?

Mortals should first gain knowledge of the deities and read a dozen book before knowing who we are Smile. Or if we <introduce> ourselves.

I'm unfamiliar with the score command.
is it like the 'look at <person>' command?

Back to top Go down
Athala
Immortal Seelie Fae

Score suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Score suggestion   Score suggestion EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Yes there will be RP. We are really going for an IRE/Avalon feel to the game, with our own flare, of course! If you haven't played any of those games, I really do suggest it!

The score command is what you type to see your own level and information about your character.

The honours command is information on others. If you play around with an IRE Mud (Achaea, Imperian, Lusternia, Aetolia, etc) You can Honours people and see information on them.

What muds have you played? I am not sure I've ever played a mud where it didn't show you your experience level, etc.
Back to top Go down
Xuij

Score suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Score suggestion   Score suggestion EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 4:14 am

Quote :
Yes there will be RP. We are really going for an IRE/Avalon feel to the game, with our own flare, of course! If you haven't played any of those games, I really do suggest it!

Yeah, I'll do that. I thought this game was just about Ashlan's combat system at first...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Score suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Score suggestion   Score suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Score suggestion
Page 1 of 1