Encarnia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a private forum for the game development of Encarnia, a text based game.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Town names and ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Athala
Immortal Seelie Fae

Town names and ideas Empty
PostSubject: Town names and ideas   Town names and ideas EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:33 pm

So, I like how towns work in IRE. People can join them if they want, but still remain a citizen of the city. Players get goods from the towns, regardless if they joined it or not, for crafting, etc. I also like the cart transporting quest idea back to the main city for gold. Maybe we can implement something similar?

Also, maybe some towns will be hunting ground first. An told town or village in ruin, with a quest to kill such and such and return the corpses. And then over time IF and when the playerbase picks up, those once ruined towns could turn into real towns.

This info would be good for building purposes too, so I can plan on how to map things out.
Back to top Go down
Ashlan
King of Encarnia
Ashlan

PostSubject: Re: Town names and ideas   Town names and ideas EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:56 pm

I like the idea of smaller towns that people can reside in, it could lead to more versions of roleplay.

One mini-game I'm playing with is to allow people to try and stage coups against their elected government of their city. Towns as staging areas for possible coups might be good. That is way far down the line though, I'm not even planning an election system for launch.

If you want to design towns into your building plans, my suggestion is that you just make them as either active towns or old ruins that can be repaired later on. There will be no functionality for a town or towns yet (we probably shouldn't make too many; no idea how many people will play the MUD) but that can be coded in later on.

I'm also planning that each city would have a distinct form of baseline magic. So Corinth/the Tower will use Fae magic to cover general skills that would have been from tattoos or herbs in other similar games, but another city might use ancient technology or a form of martial arts instead of getting their own Fae.
Back to top Go down
Athala
Immortal Seelie Fae

PostSubject: Re: Town names and ideas   Town names and ideas EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 8:19 pm

I like that idea!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Town names and ideas   Town names and ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Town names and ideas
Page 1 of 1